The first meeting of the Education Working Group will be taking place on Friday 10th May at Maidstone Museum. Anyone who is interested in developing school resources is welcome to attend.
Please contact Lyn Palmer is you would like to join us: EvelynPalmer@maidstone.gov.uk.
Below is a summary of the agenda (or see: tinyurl.com/cxnoo48).
First World War in Kent & Medway
Education Working Group Friday 10th May 2013
at Maidstone Museum
Actions from initial Steering Group meeting
- Education steering group to be set up
- Maidstone museum happy to host in May date tbc
- Email with time and date to be sent out to email list from first meeting inviting education people to it
- Also to ensure someone from Medway is there to represent their schools
1. Sharing of information
If anyone has consulted with schools and teachers in the last year please can you share your findings – what do schools want from us in relation to the FWW?
2. Primary Schools
Discuss the idea of creating a children’s degree in the First World War via Kent Children’s University for KS1&2.
3. Secondary Schools
Details of UoK’s project (developed with Simon Langton Girls School) and how museums can get involved.
4. AHRC funding available for co-ordinated joined up programmes
Discussion around what the funding is and what it could cover.
5. Education Group Lead
Appoint an Education Working Group lead (to follow up on actions, make contacts, share details, and post on FWW blog).