About the South-East Grid for Learning Associates
The South-East Grid for Learning Associates seek to develop, promote and deliver high quality learning services to schools, colleges and partnerships across the South East of England. At the heart of our work is a commitment to using technology to enhance enquiry and project based learning. Major educational projects since 2010 include the schools Census project (http://census.segfl.org.uk/) a partnership project between the Grid, National Archives and Bfi, and the acclaimed Bird Box Project (http://birdbox.segfl.org.uk/).
This summer the Associates have been managing the Living Islands Live: A Puffin Season on Burhou (www.livingislands.co.uk) for the Alderney Wildlife Trust. In 2014 in partnership with the RSPB the Grid will be launching ‘Dungeness Live.’ A free educational website designed for all Kent schools.
Previous WW1 Projects and Training opportunities
- March 2013 Investigating the Past – World War I Events in Hampshire (Project CD for Hampshire Schools. Partners: HCC Archives & Local Studies at Hampshire Record Office/ Wessex Film & Sound Archives)
- Investigating the Past – World War I Events in West Sussex. Partner: Chichester University
- Interpreting the new primary history curriculum / World War I Project Planning Day for Kent primary schools (Proposed days to take place between November 2013 /March 2014)
- What happened here? – World War I Local Study Project (Kent Schools)
- Using ICT to interpret the past (WW1) (Using E2BN/National Education Network Resources) Museum Box, Cookit, History’s Heroes plus Census Data, Stop/Start animation and blue screening
- Web conferencing days with leading WW1 Military and Political figures
If you would like to find out more about Kent-based FWW projects, or want to get involved, please contact
Phil Bracegirdle (SEGfLA) E-mail: email@example.com or Tel: 07801 709409.