The Museum Development Programme for Kent & Medway held a successful First World War update session at the Royal Engineers Museum, Library & Archive on Monday 4th November.
The session was attended by over 50 people from various museums, heritage, and arts groups and organisations. Speakers included the Shorncliffe Trust, the Western Front Association, the Kent Lieutenancy, the South East Grid for Learning Associates, the War Memorials Trust, Viola Films, the National Children’s Football Alliance, Kent County Council, Screen South, HLF and the Imperial War Museum.
It was a great opportunity to hear about the various plans and projects that are taking place in the county, and further afield – there is plenty going on and many ways for groups and organisations to get involved.
To see the notes of the session, click the link below. Copies of the speaker’s presentations and other supporting information can be viewed below:
- First World War in Kent and Medway – update session, Nov 2013 (Notes from the day, including various useful contact details and web-links)
- SEGfLA – FWW Schools Project Overview
- War Memorial Trust presentation, Nov 2013
- Football & Peace presentation, Nov 2013
- Screen South Kent Coast in WW1 presentation, Nov 2013
To keep in touch with others in Kent & Medway about the FWW, why not sign up to our GoogleGroup?
Don’t forget to sign up to the Imperial War Museum’s FWW Centenary Partnership Programme to gain access to a wealth of support and resources all free to use.